- This event has passed.
3 NH CE Credits: 1st Quarter Meeting: Tax Savings-New Opportunity Zones
March 22 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm$35 – $45
THE EVENT IS AT FULL SEATING CAPACITY
Scroll to the Bottom of the Page to Register and Make Payment
1st Quarter Meeting: Tax Savings – New Opportunity Zones
The new land of “OZ”; Opportunity Zones in New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts.
A result of last year’s federal tax reform in there are designated areas nationally where investors in these area can defer and reduce unrealized Capital Gain taxes. This is a significant new tax incentive designed to “reverse Red-Line investments”; to incentivize private investment into dis-advantaged, higher-risk areas.
Panel Discussion will look at this fast-developing investment market:
- Give a general overview of the background, purpose and current, and the evolving status of OZs, and
- Focus on OZs in New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts.
Pat McDermott of ADG, representing Manchester’s OZ
Jonathan Sokul, Esq, Hinckley Allen
Jeff Groshek, Esq., Hinckley Allen
Katy Easterly May, Executive Director of the NH Community Development Financing Authority.
Katy will speak on how OZ funding might be leveraged with other public community development funds and credits in New Hampshire
A representative of MassDev has been invited
Zones in other communities, including Derry, Nashua, and Littleton will be presented
Moderator: Stuart Arnett of ADG of Concord
Date: Friday, March 22, 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 9:00 am Networking/Registration/Continental Breakfast and Class 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Location: The Falls Event Center, 21 Front St., Manchester, NH
Credits: 3 NH CE Credits Approved
Cost: $ 35.00 NHCIBOR/NECPE members / Non-Members $ 45.00
RSVP and Payment Required No Later than Monday, March 18th, 5:00 pm
*Payment Options Available:
1) Make check payable to NHCIBOR, 166 South River Rd., Ste. 115, Bedford, NH 03110.
2) Pay online below utilizing PayPal. No need for an account to do so. Click on the second option Pay here with Credit/Debit Card
3) Log into your account on the National Association of REALTORS database at www.realtor.org. Click on the Pay Dues Tab, then scroll down to EMALL. Go into EMALL and click on 1st Quarter Mtg March 2019.
*You will receive a reservation confirmation once payment is made. Payments are non-refundable.